According to Scripture, all men are sinners by nature and are in need of Forgiveness of our sins…
There is NONE, according to the Apostle Paul, as stated in the Book of Romans 3rd Chapter, NO ONE IS RIGHTEOUS!
Our Need For Forgiveness
No One Is Righteous
What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
- There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
- They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
- Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
- Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
- Their feet are swift to shed blood:
- Destruction and misery are in their ways:
- And the way of peace have they not known:
- There is no fear of God before their eyes.
- Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
- Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. – Rom 3:9-20 (KJV)
Click below for Spurgeon’s Sermon on Forgiveness
Bible Verse: “I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; And I will not remember your sins. – Isaiah 43:25
Our Lord Jesus Christ’s Forgiveness is:
1- Great & Broad: His blood cleanseth us from all sin. – 1 John 1:7
2- Full & Complete: There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. – Rom 8:1,2
3- Free & Unconditional: And the Spirit and the bride say, Come…. let him that heareth say, Come…. let him that is a thirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. – Rev 22:17
4- Offered: Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. – Mat 11:28 -30
5- Willing: Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. – Heb 4:16
6- Present And Everlasting: He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life… – Joh 3:36
Assurance of Forgiveness of Sins
Listed below are additional biblical passages, not an exhaustive list by any means, which gives the true believer assurance of thorough forgiveness of their sins:
… for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.Jer 31:34
… saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.Isa 1:18
The Unpardonable Sin
“Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”— Mark 3:28-29
In future posts, I will be expounding on the need to receive the Lord Jesus Christ into our life as our Lord and Savior…
For now, I invite you to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior for the redemption of sins, past, present and future.
For it is written:
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Rom 10:9,10
Bible Study Classes are ongoing… Please contact me should you wish to schedule individual or group sessions.
Forgiveness of Sins Resources
Download PDF “Are You Forgiven?” http://www.chapellibrary.org/book/ayfo