Today’s bible study is about the consequences of obeying Christ’ Command of Taking Up Your Cross and Following Him…
In Matthew 16:24-26 Jesus said: “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me… For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?
“Personally, carrying my cross means, in part:
- Walking in the street and finding that people are repulsed by my aura.
- Having a homeless person, whom I’ve never met- shout: “I’m sorry Christian”, as I walked pass him.
- Immediate (on-sight) hatred for what-whom I embody, and
- The way I conduct myself in business and life generally.
- It is said that I’m mean, because I use discernment to detect hypocrisy and conning by those who wish to take advantage of my perceived resources.
- People stoop so low as to use interest in conversion via “individual bible study” as an avenue to potentially defraud me out of my hard-earned God given blessings…
They (The World) will stoop to the lowest form of trickery to do their master’s bidding and tempt Christ Disciples into losing their shield-protection from under the Blood of Jesus…
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy…– John 10:10
Being a follower of Christ is not synonymous for naïveté…
As I believe the Word of God to be Empowering…
Christ paid it all to free me from the bondage of slavery…
And I am confident that He will never fail me…
And when we sin (as the old man within is bound to do, sooner or later)…
Convicted by the Spirit, Confess it to Father who faithfully promises, as follows:
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. – 1 John 1:9
I long for His (Christ) return and with the guidance of the Holy Spirit and by the Grace of God, I will endure until then.”
Hope to meet you then!
The World Hates You
“If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
The World Hates You – That Last Evening with Christ
(Click below to listen to Audio…)
Take up his cross and follow me… -Matthew 16:24
Taking Up Your Cross
Why The World Hates Christians by David Wilkerson
(Click below to View Video…)
– Matthew 5:10,11
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Hope this lesson has been a blessing to you. If so, feel free to share with your friends and leave a comment below.
For His Glory!
This post is “Taking Up Your Cross” bookmark the permalink.